Skip to main content

Stormy Weather


I promise you, storms don't last forever.

I think about this phrase often. If it were still 2016 I would tell you that you are nuts if you really think the storm that my family and I were going through at the time wasn't going to last forever. But it didn't last forever. Trust me when I say, there is always going to be a rainy day, a hail storm, thunder, lightning, maybe even a tornado; but it won't last. Rain will come and go just like the sunshine does. Learning to get yourself through it is what's really important.

Every day since our sons passing I have: cried, prayed, begged, hoped, and wished that something could have been different. Every day I have different unanswered questions. Every day I think about our daughter who's had to try to understand why her baby brother was taken so early and every day I think about the next baby, will they be okay?

The truth is though, we can't be "stuck" in the storm. We can't be chained down. There comes a point when you have to break from the chains and weather the storm and that time is today. After my son passed away, you bet I had trouble sleeping, trouble getting out of bed, and even trouble understanding why it was him that was taken.

But every day I have grown stronger and learned that Maddox was a special angel that God just really needed. Every day I thank God because I know Maddox is in good hands and I know that he is watching over his big sister, his new baby brother or sister, his daddy, and his mommy. I see him through every aspect of our lives and that's what I thank God for. Our son went to Heaven but it doesn't mean that he isn't a part of our lives' anymore. I also know that he helped his mommy and daddy get pregnant again with our little rainbow baby and that he will help us get through every part of this pregnancy.

I know that the storm is hard. I know that sometimes you may feel like you can't breath or move. But PLEASE trust me when I say, YOU CAN make it through it. God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers and you are IT. I have my days when I still feel like I can't breath. You will probably always have days like that and that's okay. It's also okay to cry, talk to someone, and scream if you need to. Just know that whenever you are feeling like you've hit a wall, you are not alone.

Whenever I'm upset I know that I have a husband to hold me, a friend to talk to, and a family to lean on. I know that no matter where I am our son is always with us and that helps me to put a smile on my face and keep looking forward.

-Jaime Jarvis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

Mother's Day isn't just a day to celebrate moms. It's a day to celebrate children. The morning of Mother's Day, I remember waking up, lying in bed next to my husband and immediately I started thinking about our son Maddox and the little boy inside me that would soon make his arrival and also my bonus daughter. I thought about all the gifts that God has given me and it gave me strength. I held it together for a little while. I got out of bed, fed the dogs, and grabbed a drink of water. As I was walking to the bathroom to hop in the shower, tears started rolling down my face. Being a mom is a wonderful gift. Not being able to spend Mother's Day with your babies though is heart wrenching. While I was standing in the shower, I thought about the first time I saw Maddox and the emotions, feelings, and love that I felt. It's a feeling unlike anything in the entire world. I have never loved anyone or anything, more than I love our son. I wanted more than anything to

Faith Over Fear

How do you hold onto faith after loss? After we lost our son, I blamed myself for everything that happened. I blamed myself that our sweet boy didn't get the long, healthy, happy life that he deserved. I blamed myself because he was the one who was sick and there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it. I blamed myself for a while because I thought that maybe there was something that I should have done differently throughout my pregnancy, when in reality it wasn't anything that I did. God has a plan before anything ever happens. Maddox wasn't just our son, he was our angel, he was sent to us because God knew we needed him. He taught us to love harder, not to let life pass us by, to always say I love you, to cherish every moment, and that life can change in a second. For a while, I told myself that I couldn't have anymore children, even though I really wanted more. I didn't want to have to face the unknown. I had lost my faith, just for a second, bu